In The News
Need To Know Data For Prospective Higher EDU Students
Macon, Ga – July 30, 2014 In a never-ending quest to provide the most cutting edge and effective websites to their clients, Third Wave embarked on a comprehensive survey of current Higher Education students to better understand their target demographic.
- 69 percent of students still access the internet using desktop or laptop computers while searching for prospective colleges and universities.
- Based on an audit of analytics eight college websites (over one year period), we found an average of 70 percent of users still access university websites from desktop computers and laptops.
- 76 percent of the students surveyed agreed that that a university’s website influenced their decision to attend.
- The students surveyed tended to choose clean and simple college and university website designs. To that end, 86 percent choose ease of navigation and intuitive information architecture of high importance.
- Students want the imagery and media to present a well-rounded picture of life at that college or university with images of classroom experiences, dorm life, service opportunities and athletics.
- Students overwhelmingly voiced the importance of virtual student tours, profile and opinions of current students, as well as descriptions of academic programs offered.
- Out of the student’s surveyed, 86 percent chose Facebook as the social media outlet that was most effective when making a decision to attend a university. Falling behind with only 17 percent was YouTube.
About Third Wave Digital
Third Wave Digital is a comprehensive web design firm specializing in online communications solutions for higher education institutions. We provide innovative website design & development, content management system development & support and complete web hosting services customized to fit your college or university's website redesign goals.
Third Wave Digital is headquartered in Macon, Georgia with satellite offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida. For more information about Third Wave, call 888-578-7865, click www.twdcampustours.com , www.twd3.com, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how our services can increase your college or university enrollment and engage students.